Created 28th December, 2017 04:42 (UTC), last edited 28th December, 2017 08:32 (UTC)
This release includes a step towards revised string handling. The eventual goal is to be able to remove the
fostlib::string from most places in favour of a smarter structure based on a
std::variant that can better handle different string sources. This work is ongoing and you can see progress in the develop branches.
We're also taking a look at macos and Windows again, but both platforms are quite difficult so no real progress yet.
Building on Linux
You will need a C++14 compiler. Recent versions of either gcc or clang are suitable.
git clone --branch=126.96.36.199058 --recursive firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-hello.git
- beanbag — Stand alone transactional JSON database server — email@example.com:KayEss/beanbag.git
- beanbag-seed — Seed project for giving you a starting point to develop web applications using Beanbag — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/beanbag-seed.git
- fost-hello — Sample seed project — email@example.com:KayEss/fost-hello.git
- mengmon — Stand alone web server — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/mengmom.git
- wright — Experimental build system — email@example.com:KayEss/wright.git
- f5-cord — First version of a new string library with compile time string and Unicode support — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/f5-cord.git
- f5-threading — Preview of the first Fost 5 library which includes help for threading — email@example.com:KayEss/f5-threading.git
- fost-aws — Amazon AWS and OpenStack — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-aws.git
- fost-android — Eclipse project for Android that allows Fost 4 and Beanbags to be used on mobile devices — email@example.com:KayEss/fost-android.git
- fost-android-ndk — The native code for Android. Includes required parts of Boost configured to use the standard Android build system.
- fost-beanbag — Transactional JSON database — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-beanbag.git
- fost-base — Build system and core libraries — email@example.com:KayEss/fost-base.git
- fost-internet — Internet protocols, servers & clients — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-internet.git
- fost-meta — All libraries in one wrapper — email@example.com:KayEss/fost-meta.git
- fost-orm — Object/Relational mapping — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-orm.git
- fost-postgres — PostgreSQL — email@example.com:KayEss/fost-postgres.git
- fost-py — Python (2.x) bindings — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-py.git
- fost-web — Web server libraries — email@example.com:KayEss/fost-web.git
- fost-wright — Experiment in a build system — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-wright.git
Detailed change log
- Add string equality comparison and
substr operations to
- Fill in more of the
lstring comparison members.
- Add shared buffers who can own strings (and other things).
buffer as it is not always immutable.
u8view and UTF8 decode function.
- Added an
array_view with some
- Add scripting call
setting for manipulating settings.
- Add parser support for all JSON atom values.
- Add RETURNING support to PUT request for objects.
- Move some tests so Postgres is not needed for a normal build.