Created 21st December, 2016 04:09 (UTC), last edited 28th March, 2017 03:04 (UTC)
The tags were pushed a few days ago now.
There is one potentially breaking change in the updates to the
nullable type. Now that
std::optional is in C++17 it seems sensible to move towards that. The new
nullable implementation is a wrapper around
std::experimental::optional, but retains the old
nullable methods as well, but marks them as deprecated. It also adds a couple of methods that are in the upcoming
std::optional but aren't in
As part of the
nullable changes we also stopped bringing in the
std::rel_ops namespace. This could be a breaking change where you've been inadvertently relying on it for implementations of things like
We've also improved the error handling in the
fostlib::utf::save_file such that it should now throw if there is a problem saving the file. There's also a new file based log sink called
panoptes which features built-in file rotation.
We didn't do the changes to the fost-orm library this time around, but expect them for the next release.
Building on Linux
git clone --branch=188.8.131.52004 --recursive email@example.com:KayEss/fost-hello.git
Boost/build 62 0
Boost/install 62 0
- beanbag — Stand alone transactional JSON database server — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/beanbag.git
- beanbag-seed — Seed project for giving you a starting point to develop web applications using Beanbag — email@example.com:KayEss/beanbag-seed.git
- fost-hello — Sample seed project — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-hello.git
- mengmon — Stand alone web server — email@example.com:KayEss/mengmom.git
- f5-cord — First version of a new string library —
- f5-threading — Preview of the first Fost 5 library which includes help for threading.
- fost-aws — Amazon AWS and OpenStack — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-aws.git
- fost-android — Eclipse project for Android that allows Fost 4 and Beanbags to be used on mobile devices — email@example.com:KayEss/fost-android.git
- fost-android-ndk — The native code for Android. Includes required parts of Boost configured to use the standard Android build system.
- fost-beanbag — Transactional JSON database — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-beanbag.git
- fost-base — Build system and core libraries — email@example.com:KayEss/fost-base.git
- fost-internet — Internet protocols, servers & clients — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-internet.git
- fost-meta — All libraries in one wrapper — email@example.com:KayEss/fost-meta.git
- fost-orm — Object/Relational mapping — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-orm.git
- fost-postgres — PostgreSQL — email@example.com:KayEss/fost-postgres.git
- fost-py — Python (2.x) bindings — firstname.lastname@example.org:KayEss/fost-py.git
- fost-web — Web server libraries — email@example.com:KayEss/fost-web.git
Detailed change log
exceptions::file_error to also take a
- Add error detection into
nullable to look much more like the upcoming
using namespace std::rel_ops.
- Change the
fostlib::nullable class to be implemented on top of
- Exceptions caught in FSL_MAIN are now printed to stderr rather than stdout.
- Fix a problem for Boost 1.62.0
- Add the Panoptes file logger as the first of a set of optional loggers.
- Start to make use of the Unicode support in f5-cord.
- Make hashing digester and hmac digester movable.
- Add a
set member to the
jcursor that overwrites old values in JSON structures.
- Add logging messages about why a JWT gets rejected.
- We need to have
< defined on JSON so do that instead of
std::less overload for JSON with new
- Add a cookie header parser.
- Replace older Boost code with
std::function and lambdas.
- Record jsondb saves and handle rename errors better.
- Add a missing lock when adding database post-commit hooks.
- Refactor the jsondb save process to make it more clear what the actual process is.
- Add support for passing a password for the PG DSN.
- Load shared objects before setting up the logger so that optional loggers can be loaded.
- Add a generic 200 response.
- Web view execution now gives a stack trace when an exception is thrown.
- Improved error output where a view name is mis-configured.
- Removed the old
router function as it's been replaced by
- Add a middleware that logs the HTTP request details and some response details.
- Add default lookups for the Postgres connection string parameters.
- Start to add support for Unicode with UTF-8 decoding.
- Allow for fetching of the Boost.ASIO work pool thread count.
tsmap takes the key value by reference not by copy.
- Added a missing header.
- Removed a dependancy on algorithms header.